Capturing Fate (Fatal Truth #2) by Abbie Roads
ABOUT THE BOOK
Can love untangle a web of lies and expose the truth?
A loner with a mysterious childhood…
FBI agent Dolan Watts is no stranger to pain. From his childhood spent in foster care to his daily grind of hunting down hardened criminals, pain has been the one constant through the years. Confronted by a malicious new enemy who revels in mind games, Dolan begins to doubt his own perceptions.
A woman haunted by a secret…
Psychologist Daughter Dawson sabotages her own safety the moment she accepts Dolan as a client. Still, she feels compelled to help him. Dolan’s past mirrors many of the questions about her own. When she makes the mistake of confiding in him, both their lives are thrust into unimaginable danger.
Find out why people are up all night reading bestselling author Abbie Roads’ chilling, emotional novels. You might want to read with the lights on and a box of tissues.
Capturing Fate picks up where Saving Mercy left off, but this time the story explores the mysterious loner, FBI Agent, Dolan Watts, and the deadly secrets he uncovers about the notorious Creator.
Dolan has been a loner ever since he was discovered at five years old covered in blood then put in the foster care system. He copes with things by talking to his imaginary friend Snake. And he doesn’t like to follow rules which gets him into trouble as an FBI agent. Then he meets the beautiful and kind psychologist Daughter “Daught” Dawson. Their connection is immediate and filled with peril and near-death experiences. People from Dolan’s and Daught’s past are out to harm them as they are drawn into a diabolical experiment by a man called the Creator.
Daught was adopted by a wonderful family and raised with love and happiness until it was all taken away from her. Her family was murdered and she was kidnapped by a mad man. The only bright spot in her life is Dolan with whom she shares so many hopes and dreams. When she is taken to a remote island to be used as a lab rat, she finds a group of men who have a connection to Dolan who may just be her salvation. Will Dolan find her before she becomes obsolete for the Creator’s needs?
I love the strong chemistry between Daught and Dolan and how they don’t give up on each other even though their circumstances are dire. Watching Dolan change from a loner to a team player is nice considering he needs all the help he can get from his colleague Cain who has a personal stake in the outcome. Without giving away the plot, I really like Daught’s efforts to win over the group on the island. Their living conditions are abysmal, but she gives them a sense of peace they sadly have never had.
This is an action-packed twisted love story with even more of a paranormal feel than the first book. Ms. Roads certainly knows how to keep the reader on their toes while hoping the heroes make it through a messy and dangerous situation. I can’t wait to see what direction this series goes from here. Recommend highly!
Thank you to Ms. Roads for giving me the opportunity to read this book with no expectation of a positive review.
- $20 Amazon Gift Card + a Kindle Fire
BUY THE BOOK
Only 99¢ for all of May!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Seven Things about Abbie Roads:
- She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
- She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does–the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She lives in Marion, Ohio with her favorite fellow and two fur babies.
- Being a published author is a dream come true for her.