After She Fell by Amber Laura
ABOUT THE BOOK
She’s tried for years to convince herself that she isn’t in love with him. If it hasn’t worked, at least she’s managed to convince him of it, anyway.
A tragic love affair from her past had shattered Christina’s illusions of romance—it’d shattered her entire world, left her utterly broken and blamed. She’s fallen once before. She isn’t about to make the same mistake twice!
Jason Gordman is off-limits. Charming, playful, confident—he’s everything dangerous to her defenses. Worse yet, he’s the boss’s son. Hiding behind antagonism and indifference, Christina manages to keep him at a careful distance. That is, until one fateful night when she finds herself snowbound with him in a blizzard and she slips, allows herself one, forbidden kiss…
Struggling to reconcile her feelings, Christina is entirely unprepared for where that one stolen moment will lead her.
Christina appears to be a confident woman in control until her feelings for her boss’ son are revealed and she starts coming unraveled. She made a mistake in her past that cost her her family and friends and if she doesn’t forgive herself, she will lose even more.
Act nonchalant. That, unfortunately, was easier said than done. Because she didn’t like Jason Gordman. No, stupid fool that she was, Christina was in love with him.
At first, it is hard to understand why Christina acts so erratically toward a man she is clearly attracted to but refuses to take the relationship further. Then the author gradually adds in hints of Christina’s past that open the doors of her anguish and mistrust.
The story gives us a glimpse of what early trauma and past mistakes can do to one’s misperceptions of oneself and others. It is an emotional and unforgettable romance filled with heartbreak, secrets, and forgiveness.
Thank you to Ms. Laura for giving me the opportunity to review this book with no expectation of a positive review.
BUY THE BOOK
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- As a writer, Amber Laura does her best daydreaming as a window-gazing passenger on long car rides.
- If there’s creamer, she’s drinking coffee. When she edits, there’s always creamer.
- A blogger, she also writes web fiction—(free stories updated chapter-by-chapter, week-by-week). Check it out at www.litliber.com.
- Psst! Her debut novel, Topaz and Lace, a contemporary romance set in a fictitious Texas town, got its start on that same blog.
- While she may physically reside in the beautiful country of Northern Minnesota, in her imagination, Amber Laura lives all over the world. She considers it one of the best perks to being a writer: easy, cheap travel. That and the oddball characters she meets along the way….